The SN Tip of the week is to get involved. Use some of the Summer down time to attend more networking events, join a new club or group, reconnect with friends or colleagues. Focus on strengthening relationships and adding tremendous value.
Here are some tips to use your alumni status or school affiliation to grow your business:
1. Join affinity or interest groups to build your professionalism and work with like-minded individuals.
2. Be a sponsor for a school club or alumni event to market your business.
3. Participate in a mentor program to give back to your school.
4. Donate $$ to your alumni association for a scholarship fund or endowment.
5. Serve on an alumni board to network with other professionals and organizations.
Thanks again and Happy Networking!
The SN Tip of the week is to be accountable. In this day and age, it is so easy to drop the ball and not follow through. But in your quest to networking success, it is important to keep your word, show credibility and be reliable. If necessary, get assistance with a trusted accountability partner.
The SN Tip for the week is be consistent. Consistency goes a long way when it comes to networking. It not only keeps the networker focused but adds value to the networking relationships. Being consistent also shows credibility, professionalism and trust!
The Champion Networker (Chi Chi Okezie) is a networking, diversity and inclusion influencer known for infusing culture, history, language, arts and entertainment into her company's training and events.