The SN Tip of the week is: Pull Off A Successful Event! Whether you are hosting a function or attending, there are certain things you can do to guarantee it is productive, fun and networking friendly!
As the Host:
1. Arrive at least 30 minutes early.
2. Make sure presentation / AV equipment is up and running.
3. Have an agenda in place and start on time.
4. Make sure to greet, welcome attendees as they arrive.
5. Focus on the program and your audience.
As the Attendee:
1. Arrive on time.
2. Introduce yourself to the host or organizer.
3. Mix and mingle with attendees and do light networking.
4. Participate in the program via: volunteering in an activity, asking questions or giving comments.
5. Exchange business cards and follow up within 3 days.
Click here to learn more tip and SN seminar offerings!
The Champion Networker (Chi Chi Okezie) is a diversity and networking influencer known for her infusion of culture, history, language, arts and entertainment into her training and events.