Recently, I participated in a roundtable / panel program hosted by AABE (American Association of Blacks in Energy) Atlanta, Chapter. The topic of discussion was closely related to career and self development along the lines of P.I.E.: Performance, Image and Exposure. I talked about the "E" portion of Exposure and how professionals can use business networking to elevate their status both inside and outside of their respective organizations.
Here are a few of my tips:
1. Make networking a priority.
2. Volunteer and actively look for opportunities.
3. Seek out opportunities for leadership and development.
4. Create a personal board of directors, cabinet or support system.
5. Search for mentorship or sponsorship, if necessary.
The Champion Networker (Chi Chi Okezie) is a diversity and networking influencer known for her infusion of culture, history, language, arts and entertainment into her training and events.