The SN Tip of the week is to be accountable. In this day and age, it is so easy to drop the ball and not follow through. But in your quest to networking success, it is important to keep your word, show credibility and be reliable. If necessary, get assistance with a trusted accountability partner.
Recently, I participated in a roundtable / panel program hosted by AABE (American Association of Blacks in Energy) Atlanta, Chapter. The topic of discussion was closely related to career and self development along the lines of P.I.E.: Performance, Image and Exposure. I talked about the "E" portion of Exposure and how professionals can use business networking to elevate their status both inside and outside of their respective organizations.
Here are a few of my tips:
1. Make networking a priority.
2. Volunteer and actively look for opportunities.
3. Seek out opportunities for leadership and development.
4. Create a personal board of directors, cabinet or support system.
5. Search for mentorship or sponsorship, if necessary.
The Champion Networker (Chi Chi Okezie) is a networking, diversity and inclusion influencer known for infusing culture, history, language, arts and entertainment into her company's training and events.