It is always a good idea to network within your corporation or job. The increase of internal networks via affinity groups or online platforms can be an excellent way to career and professional advancement. Of course, being consistent and strategic are key elements to your success!
Click here to get more tips and subscribe!
The wait is over! Tune into my webinar: The Benefits of Having A Diverse Network, for the GEARS Administrative Professional Conference. I use cultural awareness, art and personal stories to encourage attendees to diversify their networks. I also offer stellar tips for following up and building a strong and viable network!
Here are some more tips for growing your business!
Diversity and Inclusion:
1. Target employee resource groups in large companies for doing business.
2. Implement D&I into your company business and strategic plan.
3. Make existing products and services more inclusive friendly.
4. Blog or write articles about diversity to build awareness and offer value.
5. Join boards or committees which advocate for D&I.
Networking can be a very anxiety causing activity. One of the best ways to cut down on nervousness is to have a solid plan for your networking. Check out these tips below!
1. Establish a plan for networking.
2. Create a dynamic elevator pitch.
3. Join 2 or 3 professional groups.
4. Develop a network of trusted individuals.
5. Create a networking calendar to manage events.
6. Join online groups to expand your reach.
7. Attend conferences and workshops to sharpen skills.
8. Create a plan for following up and building relationships.
9. Devote time and energy to your networking agenda.
Much success and Happy Networking!
The Champion Networker (Chi Chi Okezie) is a networking, diversity and inclusion influencer known for infusing culture, history, language, arts and entertainment into her company's training and events.