The key to good networking is following up after making a connection at an event. Whether it is formal or informal, reaching out can jumpstart a great relationship, partnership or collaboration. Here are my top tips for following up after an event!
1. Connect with your counterpart in a timely manner.
2. Follow up with any promises made.
3. Link up on social media or professional networking sites.
4. Offer to meet in person or via conference call.
5. Be networking minded and offer value by sharing resources.
Chi Chi Okezie blogs as the Champion Networker, giving her keen insights on proper networking practices.